Tungsten carbide, Wolframite, is the newest, most popular metal for men's wedding ring today. The heavy weight and luxurious finish of a tungsten carbide ring speaks of dedication, power and eternal bond. The metal will always retain its beautiful, scratch-resistant finish, making tungsten the perfect choice for your loved ones' wedding ring.
- Finish: Polished black and silver bevelled edges
- Thickness: 2.3-2.5mm
- Width: 8mm
Gents Rings FAQ
- Tungsten Rings
- Cleaning Dirty or Tarnished Rings
- Are Tungsten Rings Made Using Cobalt?
- Why Go For A Cobalt-Free Ring?
- In Emergency Situations, Can I Remove My Tungsten Ring?
Using vice grip-pliers, clamp the ring and squeeze hard. Remove the pliers, then turn the ring by 1 quarter. Tighten the pliers on the ring again and push down hard once more. Continue this until a crack is heard. At that point the material should begin to break away quite easily. Since each Tungsten ring is milled from a single piece and thus cannot be resized, each ring must be ordered to the correct finger size. For assistance with this, please see our helpful sizing guide.
- Is It Possible For A Tungsten Ring To Be Re-Sized?
- Is Tungsten Comfortable To Wear?
- Is There a Large Difference Between A Tungsten Ring And A Tungsten-Carbide Ring?
- How Is Such A Tungsten-Carbide Ring Made?
- What Is The MOHS SCALE And What Does It Have To Do With These Rings?
The Mohs Scale of mineral hardness is a method of measuring the strength of the ring. The higher the number on the Mohs Scale, the stronger the ring, making it less likely to bend or scratch - whereas a metal such as gold which is a number 3 on the Mohs Scale can bend or scratch more easily. Check the table below for a list of common metals used in jewellery production with their corresponding Mohs scale numbers:
|Gold||2.5 – 3|
|Silver||2.5 – 3|
|Platinum||4 – 4.5|
Have any other questions regarding Tungsten-Carbide rings? If so, please let us know! We are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Finger Size Chart
|SA & UK||Diameter mm||Circumference mm||American|